Attention!

Few pictures that are supposed to be here were deleted accidentally from the photo archive. As a result you will see blank spaces with caption. This is not a loading error of your browser.

Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Rain rain go away.... come again never(atleast for a few months)

Hey fellow citizens!
I am writing this sitting comfortably on sofa in my home. This post got here because I am safe and connected at all times. Because I got away in time to escape the hell downpour and swift floods of Chennai and surrounding districts. The previous post was written as we were asked to vacate the hostels asap and holidays declared for atleast a month. Me and many of my friends got tickets booked in time, enough in time to be well out of the cyclone's reach. We are now feeling lucky and safe.
But what about others? There are people in my college as I write, stranded in hostels and waiting to go home with neither electricity nor healthy food. They are helping each other for basics like food, water and medicine. Some of them have showed their struggle through whatsapp by sharing pictures and distress messages. News reports poured in this evening saying that northern Tamil Nadu will get heavy rain for next 3 days. This is terrible! All those whom I have blamed, sorry. Its not your fault.
This is a natural disaster! All India Radio news reported all the three armed forces along with NDRF(National disaster response force) are working tirelessly to move residents in city to safety. Army is distributing food near my college. This has never happened ever before. In a city like Chennai, where monsoon just reminded heavy traffic and overflowing drainage. Now we are talking about overflowing rivers and lakes. This was never expected.
I have no idea how this is going to end with few more days of heavy rain warning. I pray for the people of the submerged areas. I pray for their health and comfort. Lets be hopeful... lets stay strong...
#Chennaifloods
#Chennairains
Goutham

No comments:

Post a Comment