Attention!

Few pictures that are supposed to be here were deleted accidentally from the photo archive. As a result you will see blank spaces with caption. This is not a loading error of your browser.

Monday, December 28, 2015

Filler vacation

Hello!

Let me describe how the vacation went, like I do every time. The title gives you some idea... it says "Filler vacation". So it was not so exciting, 'twas just a filler between two semesters.

I have four days to catch my train and a week for the exams to catch me. Speaking frankly, I had two months of full free time. Academically lot of time was lost and it was up to me to use it wisely. Did I or did I not? Hmm... Let me come back to this one later.

Lately I was emphasizing on interpersonal relations. I went and met people this time for I was feeling isolated from the world all the semester. I talked like never before(I suppose). I had habit of keeping mum in front of others most of the time. I always feared the future without living in present. I often regretted for my past. Timescale being plus/minus 4 years(Phew! That is a lot to fear/regret). But this comic from Zen pencils: The Dalai Lama answers a question changed me. Please read the comic to understand what I mean.

"Living in present"... I still have no idea how it feels to live like that because when all lights go off and I lie on bed at the end of day, I cannot mentally stay still. Instead I dance to the music of never fading fears inside my heart. When will this stop? When will I stop regretting for what I didn't do? Concentrating for weeks couldn't be possible as I had to take break for a while. I had an "agenda" for this vacation as well which included MATLAB programming, Antenna theory, Signals and Systems, LaTex and transmission lines. Apart from some of these I learned how television, radar, binaural recording and sound surround system work(thanks to the newly bought 5.1 channel home theater at home). Although I focus for short periods on different things, I find it difficult to pursue just one for days.

Things done this vacation:
Newspaper- Did not miss the national politics this time(was a morning addiction)
Milk- Glass full Horlicks every morning
Youtube- Stand up comedies and fun videos
Email- not to miss
WhatsApp- Every morning and evening
Teasing my younger brother!
Reading- Art of electronics, Signals and Systems and Wikipedia
Over usage of WiFi- crossed data limit many times
School visit- Met my teachers and old friends
That's it!

Now I am bracing myself for exams and the next half of third year at college(Winter is coming.... so is even semester). Now you got a picture of how I did this vacation.

Goutham

No comments:

Post a Comment