Attention!

Few pictures that are supposed to be here were deleted accidentally from the photo archive. As a result you will see blank spaces with caption. This is not a loading error of your browser.

Thursday, September 7, 2017

The Breakup

I got a call today in the afternoon.

An unfamiliar female voice asked "Am I speaking to Goutham Sharma?".

I replied "Yes".

She said "Hello Goutham, this is HR department of Cognizant".

It took me a second to comprehend what was going on. Then my reply was "Oh!... Hi!".

"Hi Mr. Goutham! So... are your declining your job offer?" I was asked.

"Yes" was my reply without any second thought (She must be heartbroken hearing that).

 She continued "Are you sure?".

"Yes. I am sure"

"Thank you Goutham. What can I write as the reason for you declining?"

"Opted for higher studies"

"Thank you very much", she said in dispassionate tone.

"Thank you."

THE END

No comments:

Post a Comment