Attention!

Few pictures that are supposed to be here were deleted accidentally from the photo archive. As a result you will see blank spaces with caption. This is not a loading error of your browser.

Sunday, February 5, 2017

I have walked past the GATE

Yes

Today I attempted Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE). In spite being in my college for project work, I came to Hyderabad by train on 3rd February and revised a bit of communications, analog and digital electronics. Being with my mother during crucial times makes me feel secure. Feelings before and after the exam are contrasting. Let me elaborate:

Pre-exam:

  • Nervousness and inability to fall asleep
  • Higher heart rate 
  • Preoccupied with books
Post-exam:

  • Sudden feeling of emptiness and responsibility
  • Normal heart rate
  • Preoccupied with PC
I did not forget not to get tense this time as getting so in these type of exams has costed me. I did deep breathing 20 minutes ahead of the start and it helped me stay calm for the next 3 hours. I read about a 4X4 method in a fitness website. It says you continuously inhale for 4 seconds and then exhale for 4 seconds when faced with a stressful situation.

Thanks for reading.

Goutham

No comments:

Post a Comment